Saturday, September 09, 2006

Technophobia

Why are window covering professionals such technophobes? Shortly after I entered this profession I attended a seminar put on by a great group of people, Grace McNamara Inc. They do the largest window fashions Expo in the U.S. and do a great job of it. However, while attending, I snapped pix with my digital camera and downloaded them immediately into the notes I was taking on my laptop. I could not believe the amount of interest/unbelief I encountered. By the following year I was using DreamDraper, a drapery design program which enables me to use digital photography at the client's home and incorporate design on top of the photos - virtually no one else at the conference was. There are great options out there now, tablet PCs, laser measuring tools, small printers, that can bring this industry into a brave new era. Which brings me to a new question - how can I capitalize on being "cutting edge" in a hidebound industry?

No comments: