Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bellingham beauty

I've had the opportunity to travel this week, and it's given me a bit of time for reflection. What a beautiful autumn we have experienced in Whatcom County! The colors have been gorgeous, more radiant than I've seen in years, mornings have been crisp warming to pleasant sunny days... This is the first soccer season we've experienced that every Saturday - game day - has been dry. There are so many interesting places to explore too, whether in Bellingham itself or around the county in hidden areas near Glacier, or the beaches of Birch Bay. It's sometimes hard to balance the demands of work with time out to enjoy the wonders of creation. I'm thankful that in an economy in flux I've stayed busier than ever. Yep, Thanksgiving must be around the corner....

No comments: