Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

I'm looking forward to tomorrow - Thanksgiving Day! And what better way to get in the mood than by completing a task I had been putting off for a while - handwriting "thank you" cards to clients whose projects were recently completed. I try to do this every few weeks to express appreciation for business received.

It was wonderful to reflect on the wonderful people I met in the last few weeks and months again. With some clients, our interaction was brief: a short sales call then a return appointment to install blinds or shades. With other clients there was a more lengthy relationship: a series of meetings spread over weeks or even months choosing fabrics, linings and trim to create the perfect custom drapes, sheers, valances or cornices. Yet, invariably, my clients were great! And I am thankful for every one of them.

So much to be thankful for: the talent of the workrooms that take my designs and recreate them in fabric; the very experienced installer who can install anything then dress it for that final perfect touch; the suppliers who get it right more often than not in these difficult economic times; my supportive family. Above all thankfulness to our amazing God.

And now, onward! There are pies to bake, a house to clean, candles to light. The family is coming home for Thanksgiving! I'm thankful.

No comments: