Saturday, June 27, 2009

IS Service the New Luxury?

A few days ago I was reading the latest edition of By Design magazine, published by the Seattle Home Center. One of the lines in an article by Kay Stewart & Craig Cross read "Service is the new luxury" really struck me. Initially I thought, "Yes, right on!"

I've had a few days, a few service calls, a few installations to reflect on that line. Is that really true for me? For you? Are you doing anything differently in this economy regarding service than you were a year ago? I thought about it as I spent several hours on the phone and internet searching for a cream colored very wide traverse rod. I thought about it as I took down the dog-chewed faux wood blind for a 79-year-old widow yesterday and replaced it with a new one. It was on my mind as I delivered a rush order of shades, and as I tried to match valance clips to repair an older blind. I thought about it as I placed orders late into the night. It's always been about great service, and from talking with many of you, it's the same for you.

Going above and beyond what is expected - that's the kind of treatment I love to receive. Why would I provide any less for valued clients?

What do you think?

No comments: