Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm in love with trim

I have to admit, here in the Pacific Northwest I have not designed many window fashions with trim. My rationale was that PNW home design just doesn't lend itself to adding bullion, tassels and expensive tiebacks. Plus I live in a corner of the country filled with staunch pennysavers, where price is often an issue. Adding trim adds to cost... so no trim.
I'm changing my tune, thanks to one set of clients in particular. They believe the more trim the better, and as a result I've designed some delightful cornices bedecked with scallops and gorgeous Fabricut beaded trims, braids and medallions.
That led me onward to designing drapes, valances and cornices for a show display and then, my own home, using Ado's new line of coordinating fabrics and trim, which are showstopping but really reasonably priced.
I love trim, and I really like clients who love trim!

No comments: