Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm excited about the IWCE 2009 Vignette!

Two weeks ago I heard from Deb Barrett that I was one of twelve designers who would be creating Vignettes for the International Window Coverings Expo in Atlanta this May! Wow, was I excited! What an opportunity to showcase my creativity and ideas to an audience of 6,000 or so window fashions design professionals! But then the nerves set in - briefly. What was I thinking? Could I do it? It wasn't long though, before the creative juices started flowing, the ideas were popping into my head in the middle of the night and at other inopportune moments, and I couldn't wait to get all the details so I could get the design finalized. I had a preliminary design in mind...

But first, a "client" interview. I could chose a client profile - which would I pick? for there were many intriguing profiles - and then hold a phone interview with that client. Based on that interview, and the client's needs, desires and style, I would design a window treatment that would not only be functional, but also beautiful.

The client was a delight, and after the interview I had a clear picture of what was needed. Off to work - out with the preliminary design, and back to the drawing board. Different fabrics - but even more stunning! New design - but this would work so well given her room and window - and I was excited all over again!

I can't wait for the fabric to arrive. The workroom is eager to get started - and I'm ready to begin this next phase of the project. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: