Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just how bad IS the economy?

Today's blog is a reflection on a comment made by a Facebook friend, Marie Mouradian. She questioned whether the economy is really as bad as the news portrays it, and concluded it wasn't.

I'll include some comments I posted in reaction: "Yesterday I reflected with a client on how blessed we truly are in this great country. Daily, I continue to work hard, provide excellent service, and strive to constantly improve - and I see so many others around me doing exactly the same thing in whatever job or industry they are in. This continues to be a land of great opportunity and hope!
I'm chosing not to listen to the economic news. I'm going to keep on making those sales calls - and I'm thankful for every single client."

There are so many people like you and me, people who are just going about their everyday life, working hard, doing what's best for their families, their communities, and their country. Those are the people who will continue to make this country strong through times of economic turmoil, naysayers and second-guessers.

I'll work harder, pray more, trust my Heavenly Father and hope for more settled times in the near future.

No comments: