Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NeoConEast A Feast for the Senses

Day One of NeoConEast - what could I expect? Heavy Baltimore traffic delayed my arrival but when I did enter the Convention Center, I was thronged by fellow attendees, all eager to view the show floor and hear a wide range of speakers on a variety of topics.

NeoConEast bills itself as "the premier design exposition and conference for commercial interiors with a focus on the federal government." The first seminar I attended gave good specifics regarding obtaining government contracts. Then it was time to walk the show floor, a real treat for the senses. Bright colors, contoured shapes, intricate designs all tantalized the eyes. One of my favorite booths was trendgreen, with a wide assortment of machine washable fabrics made in the USA of 100% Post Consumer Recycled Polyester by Reid Witlin.



Lutron amazed with its brand-new line: the motorized Kirbe vertical drapery system, in a wide variety of fabrics. Draperies are lifted up and out of the way while retaining their pleats, completely eliminating stack-back.



The other products that impressed me were the seamless leather Tubular Wovens from Garrett Leather, which could be used for drapery rods or tiebacks, in three sizes. They also carry pre-made leather welt cord in the leather and color of your choice. What a beautiful accent for pillows!

No comments: