Thursday, May 14, 2009

IWCE09 Thursday - The Show Floor Opens!

Well, after yesterday's completely full and exhausting day, I just couldn't make myself get up at 6 to be at the show by 8. I strolled in just after 9, thankful that the traffic cooperated, just in time for Susan Shultz' great seminar on How to Guarantee Your Clients Value Your Work. We consistently undervalue ourselves and thus our work - Susan urged us to get out of the rut of thinking that we provide products and reevaluate the valuable services we provide to clients. Another great seminar with a lot of food for thought and personal development.

Then off to walk the show floor! It was bustling with strolling spectators, camera in hand, and eagle-eyed vendors eager to exhibit their wares to all passers-by. What a great opportunity to meet with current suppliers and check out new ones. I spotted a line of beaded trims that I just had to add to my current collection - did I say that I love trim? I know just the client who would love that line on our next project! And the colorful silks draped over the booth walls... I missed a few of my old standby vendors - the show floor looked a little smaller than it has in past years. When talking to the vendors you can hear that the economic downturn has hit them as well. They are looking forward to busier times ahead. I'll go back again tomorrow to visit with some suppliers, have another look at their products.

No comments: