Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Power Lunch with Kelly McCormick-How to Increase Sales to Women

I'm just blown away by the quality of the seminars that I've been to so far! The biggest problem I've had though, is that I haven't been able to attend them all.

I've just finished a great lunch capped by an exhilarating talk laced with humor by the keynote speaker, Kelly McCormick. She brings years of experience dealing with people, with salespeople, years of business ownership, and is now a much desired speaker. She pointed out the unique buying styles of men and women - men are linear and goal oriented in their purchasing decisions; women are visual, and see the big picture. Women make 80-95% of the home improvement buying decisions today; they buy great solutions rather than great products. To sell to women we need to establish relationships of trust and get to know them personally. Kelly suggested the basics of great sales conversations and led us further in our quest to be the best we can be. Lots of food for thought and improvement!

For dessert I attended her followup seminar on Handling Objections and Stalling Tactics. Again we received a wealth of information that we could take back with us and apply as we head out on future sales calls.

My head is just spinning with all I've heard today! I'm going to head back to the hotel after I've had one last look at my Vignette and just reflect on what I have learned. Exhausting! Invigorating! Exciting! Tomorrow's seminars promise to be just as good!

No comments: