Wednesday, May 13, 2009

IWCE09 Part One

It's finally here! It seems like I've been waiting and planning for this forever! It must still be the child in me; the anticipation is always half of the fun!

I arrived into Atlanta yesterday, flying through the night the long way around via Seattle and Detroit. What a blessing it was to be able to check into the hotel early - very early - and get a few hours of sleep before I headed over to the Georgia World Congress Center. Wandering my way through the building, I finally connected with show management and thus with Deb Barrett, who has been a wonderful guide through the steps of preparing for my first Vignette display at IWCE.

The show floor was a busy one, people scurrying about, front end loaders beeping their way through a maze of packing crates and partially set up displays, and the beginnings of what will be the largest window coverings trade show in the U.S. starting today! I always find it amazing how in a few short hours an empty cavern can be transformed into an Aladdin's showcase of wares!

It was great to see my package of display materials, safe and sound from a long cross-country trek. With the help of Deb Barrett and Melinda, another Vignette participant, my display was installed, dressed down, and tweaked. And tweaked. And then fiddled with some more. Until finally Deb suggested that it was time to go... since everyone else was leaving...

And today it all begins! I can't wait for the seminars I've signed up for. And I should get going - I don't want to be late! Till next time...

No comments: