Saturday, August 15, 2009

Countdown to the Northwest Washington Fair!


Saturday, two days to go to the Northwest Washington Fair in Lynden. My display is set up and looks great! It's the same Vignette that I exhibited at the International Window Covering Exhibition in Atlanta a few months ago. I'm excited and ready to face a week of 13 hour days again, greeting old clients and meeting new ones.

This fair is one of the old-time, good-time, all-time great fairs. There are animal barns filled with well-groomed cows, enormous Clydesdales and tiny rabbits and kittens. The Demolition Derby is always a crowd-pleaser; the grandstand is always filled with spectators for the great acts up on stage in the evenings. There are exhibit barns of stunning paintings, beautiful quilts, jewel-toned canning and prize blooms. There is the unforgettable aroma of curly fries and poffertjes, the raucous sounds of the carnival mixing with Mr. ShamWow's practiced spiel, the mile-wide smiles on the faces of the little ones as they take the first lick of their ice-cream cone purchased from the Dairy Women's stand with the cow on the roof.

And yes, there are commercial vendors too, for the fair-goers to come and see. For the past four years I have found a place for Edwards Drapery & Interiors under the roof of the Expo building. Fair week has been a wonderful time to reconnect with clients, to meet new clients, and to promote my cause of transforming the world one undressed window at a time.

So, yes, I'm excited to get started! I'm wondering a little what this year's Fair will bring with an economy in flux, but I'll trust that God will continue to bless my efforts; I'll just keep on working and doing what I love.

Let the Fair begin!

1 comment:

alyssa brown photography said...

Have fun this week - and hopefully you'll get some new clients from all of your effort!