Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 4 and the NWWF is abuzz!

There's an air of excitement at the Fair today. I don't know if it's because of Foreigner on stage tonight, the fact that it's almost the weekend, or the slightly cooler temperatures. But everyone just seems a little more energized and a little happier.

I'm excited that the internet is working today - all day. A midday update was possible today, in between talking with potential new clients and hugs from clients I've done work for in the past. The iced mocha made by the young volunteers at A Perfect Blend is keeping me awake as the Expo building gets warmer and noisier and more crowded.

The mix of passersby is always entertaining. The young urban professionals in pressed khakis and carefully casual t's, the Birkenstock crowd in their sloganed glory, the Lynden soccer parents with their wide-eyed, blue-eyed tow-headed family, young people, old people, in-between people, people with tattoos, people with plush toys, people with sunburns, people, people, people...

But back on my feet, my very pretty feet, today. Of course, bright pink wedge sandals are not very practical for 13 hours on my feet, but today beauty won out over practicality :) And back to work!

No comments: