Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vehicle Signage Equals Sales!

One of the best investments I have made in the past year has been a pair of magnetic signs for my work vehicle. I drive a Chevy Equinox to appointments; it doubles as a family vehicle on the weekends. For that reason I have been reluctant to put any permanent signs on my workhorse; however, Tim at SpecialT Signs and Graphics came up with a perfect solution. He created magnetic signs closely color matched to my vehicle. They are beautifully lettered, advertising Edwards Drapery & Interiors, noting that I create custom window fashions, with my phone number prominently displayed. Three simple lines elegantly done, working with the contours of a vehicle that don't leave much room for signs.

I have had people notice the signs then approach me numerous times to discuss window treatments that have subsequently led to sales; the latest contact came while our family was camping at a lake close to home. This contact led to a great sales call; the client and I have one project started and are working on the next.

It's also true that when I'm at a client's home, the neighbors are noticing just who is there. Free publicity! Vehicle signage is one more way to increase my visibility in the local area, whether I am at work or at play. I do watch my driving habits - there's nothing more memorable than a company vehicle cutting you off on the freeway! You'll remember that company, and not for the right reasons!

I do want to take my signs off on occasion so I am pleased with the choice of a removeable magnetic sign. Others may decide that permanent signage is more appropriate. But however you decide, don't miss this opportunity to tell the world about what you do! In this economic climate, I'll make sure my signs are ON and working for me!

No comments: