Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 5 - Fair Friday

Somebody flipped a switch and the Northwest Washington Fair just came ALIVE! It was another quiet morning and early afternoon, and then the sun came out and so did the people. Maybe they finally realized that there weren't too many more opportunities to enjoy all that Lynden's own home-grown fair has to offer.

Our little row of vendors has become quite close in the past few days. Of course, many of us meet each year at this time. The consultants at Pampered Chef have been my neighbors for years; McGregor "The Plaid Books" phone books are across the aisle again and have been my favorite yellow pages for as long as I've been advertising with them; and the friendly couple at Solarus infrared health cabins are set up again at the end of the aisle. Directly across from me, personalized picture frames are provided by the Wilkins family business, J & A Concepts, Inc.; my other neighbors this year are the suppliers of yummy treats and gifts, Blue Heron Shirts & Gifts; and how could I forget the always smiling faces at Zaks Zoo, the beanie baby providers. Farmer's Insurance Group has kept us amused all week with their routlette give-aways as well.

I should get up on my feet and greet the fair-goers thronging the aisles... Till next time.

No comments: