Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 2 - A quieter day at the NW Washington Fair

It's a quiet Tuesday morning; the weather is warming up and the crowds are a little sparse. Lots of seniors - is it senior day today? - and lots of kids in barn boots with tramping through the aisles with purposeful glares. It's funny how the seniors and the kids alike eye my candy bowl with glee.

I'm missing my family. Today Reece graduates from Marine Combat Training at Camp Pendleton and I'm not there. My husband is there to witness the occasion, accompanied by my daughter and her infant daughter. So I've taken a moment to walk over to the Veterans of Foreign Wars booth, to talk to the volunteers there and have a look at the pictures posted there. Stop by and write a note to a member of the military or contribute to Whatcom Homefront, if you get the chance.


And now, after some frustration, I'll continue this post late at night now that I'm back home. This morning the internet worked well for a few hours in the Expo building; this afternoon, no internet despite all attempts to reconnect. Attempts to reach the vendor were met with an annoying phone tree. I may have to find another, better solution.

The rest of the day was more quiet than yesterday, with bursts of activity. Once again good contacts, appointments for consultations booked, even a mini-design consultation on the spot. Also some great opportunities to taste fair food... but more about that tomorrow. Good night!

No comments: